Teaching & Learning
Vision: Pursuing excellence and inspiring continuous improvement
The Teaching & Learning department works centrally as an integral part of BHM schools. Our team is guided by the following beliefs and commitments:
- A commitment to equity and inclusion is imperative for the improvement of our system and all within it. We advocate for systemic change and challenge the status quo to disrupt inequities.
- Bringing a variety of perspectives and experiences together deepens our understanding and strengthens our work. We create and facilitate collaborative opportunities.
- Designing quality curricula enhances experiences and leads to student achievement. We provide tools and use questioning to assist others in the instructional design process.
- Everyone has a significant role in student success. We connect our students, staff, and community to resources that empower and promote growth.
- Expectations provide a target for achievement. We hold high expectations for all.
- High quality instruction leads to high levels of learning and engagement. We model research-based strategies and best practices and encourage transfer to classroom instruction.