The school health service team is composed of licensed school nurses (LSNs) and health educational support paraprofessionals (ESPs). The three LSNs, two full time and one part time, are dual licensed by the Board of Nursing and the Department of Education. Each school's health office is staffed by a Health ESP who receives certification in First Aid and CPR along with extensive health office training by the LSNs in specific health procedures and protocols.
Goal of Health Services
The goal of Health Services is to create and maintain a school environment that promotes and supports student health and well-being, empowering all learners to reach their academic potential.
Our team provides an array of services to meet this goal which includes:
- Promoting a healthy and safe school environment.
- Collaborating with parents, health care providers, and community partners.
- Identifying health related barriers to learning.
- Providing first aid and emergency care.
- Assessing and treating illnesses and injuries.
- Managing chronic health conditions.
- Developing individual health plans for students with significant health concerns.
- Implementing health related services on individual education plans, as requested by the special education team.
- Reducing health related absences.
- Monitoring immunization status.
- Preventing the spread of communicable diseases.
- Planning and implementing school health screenings.
It is extremely important for parents to keep the school updated on current phone numbers for emergency purposes. Parents and guardians can update this information on the Campus portal.
Health Office COVID-19 Guidance
If your student is experiencing a new onset or worsening cough or shortness of breath, or multiple symptoms, please call your student's school health office to review the COVID-19 exclusion guidelines for return to school.
We ask that all parents check student temperatures before the school day; if 100.4 or above, your student should stay at home. If any other new onset of signs or symptoms of illness are present, please also keep your student at home to monitor for additional symptoms.
If no other symptoms are experienced, your student may return to school following our district guidelines for illness.