877 Bison Blvd
Buffalo, MN 55313
Phoenix Learning Center
In 1996, the Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose School District responded to parent, student, community and educators' concerns that the traditional high school was not meeting the needs of a significant number of its students by forming a committee to study alternatives. Research and planning was conducted for two years before Phoenix Learning Center (PLC) opened its doors in September 1998.
The mission of Phoenix Learning Center is to provide an alternative pathway to graduation. Our commitment to relationships and partnerships creates learners who actively participate in their academic and social-emotional growth to become positive community members.
We do this by:
- Valuing students’ backgrounds and honoring their stories
- Emphasizing belonging in a safe, community-based environment
- Reaching high expectations through curiosity and supports
- Ensuring personal growth and responsibility
- Learning social and emotional skills
- Challenging ourselves, both academically and socially
- Nurturing each student’s unique potential
Block 1 (I/E Skinny)
SI Lab Plus
Block 3 and Lunch
Frequently Asked Questions
If your student will be absent for the day, arriving late, or leaving early, please call the BHS Attendance Hotline at 763.682.8181.
Absences not verified by a parent will be unexcused. When possible, please make appointments outside of school hours. Students need to sign in on the white board outside of the office if arriving late or leaving early.
We ask that Phoenix students bring the following supplies for the school year:
- One 3-ring binder (1" or larger)
- One 3-ring pencil pouch
- Five 3-ring dividers
- 12 black or blue pens
- 24 pencils
- Two highlighters
- One 150+ pack of loose leaf paper