Buffalo High School
Local and Area Scholarships
It's never too early to explore scholarship opportunities. Details will be posted as new scholarship information becomes available.
- The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship, designed to provide recipients with the opportunity to graduate college debt-free. Free workshops, Free Schwab Brokerage Accounts and Free Study Abroad provide recipients with a practical understanding of important life skills not typically covered in the school curriculum. Hagan Scholars can apply for a graduate scholarship after earning their undergraduate degree. Hagan Scholars have attended 429 colleges and universities located in 48 states. Recipients must attend an eligible public high school. For the 2023-2024 Academic Year in College Hagan Scholarship Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
- The Future of STEM Scholars Initiative (FOSSI) For students who plan to study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Each FOSSI scholar is awarded a $40K scholarship ($10K per year, for four years), offered leadership development, mentoring and internship opportunities with program sponsors, and access to AIChE student networking events. FOSSI Scholarship Deadline January 31, 2023
- At-large Scholarship Wright Hennepin Electric offers one "at-large" scholarship for students who attend private schools or schools that neighbor WH's electric service territory. Scholarship applications must be filled out completely and returned, along with a high school transcript and essay, to WH by April 3, 2023. Recipient's parent(s) or guardian(s) must be members of WH. Include current account number on application. Deadline April 3, 2023
- Buffalo Art Guild $1,000 Scholarship for a 2022-23 senior student. Due April 17, 2023. Read all criteria here.
- Wright-Hennepin Cooperative Electric Association Local Scholarship Preference given to recipient not having been awarded another community scholarship based on economic need. Requirements: Recipient's parent(s) or guardian(s) must be members of WH - include current account number on application. Name and recent photo (provided by recipient) will be published by WH. Scholarships will be issued to the recipient's high school in December 2023. The high school will then issue WH's scholarship payment to the recipient. Deadline April 21, 2023
OTHER WEBSITES TO CHECK OUT
Community Giving Scholarships Review the link to find information for over 60 scholarships with varying deadlines.
www.legion.org/needalift Scholarship and financial aid information
www.meritaid.com This site helps students find merit-based scholarship opportunities before they apply
www.fastweb.com Scholarships and financial aid and FAFSA information
www.unigo.com Find over 3.6 million scholarships and grants
MCIS (Minnesota Career Information System) - Financial Aid Sort uses your criteria to help you find awards that you may qualify for. It is an exploratory tool that can be used more than once. Students can locate the sort by logging into their account and clicking on the "Education" tab to locate "Financial Aid Sort." All BHS students have access to this site. For log in information see your counselor.
Scholarshipguidance.com 18 scholarships that students are eligible to apply for with deadlines ranging from October 31st - December 31st.