Schedule a Facility
BHM School District Facility Usage Philosophy
The BHM school district operates under the principle that the public schools are owned and operated by and for community residents. The schools are an integral part of the community. The School Board welcomes and encourages public use of school facilities. School facilities are available to community groups and organizations at times when regular K-12 and Community Education programs and activities are not scheduled.
Before advancing to the online application, the following rules must be read.
COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
Rules for Use of BHM Schools Building and Grounds
The following rules must be observed in the use of school facilities, and the group leader will be held responsible for compliance.
- Permits will be issued only for the dates, hours, areas and equipment specified and include only the nearest lavatories and drinking fountain. Permit holders shall not transfer or sublet the permit to another organization.
- All activities must be under competent, adult supervision with the organization using the facilities assuming full responsibility. Members of the activity will not be admitted until the group supervisor is present and the permit is presented to the custodian or designated district building supervisor on duty.
- Groups will provide responsible supervision of the entrance area of the building for their activities until the doors are locked.
- Facility charges shall be made in accordance with the schedule of facility rental charges. Payment shall be made and sent to the Community Education office upon receipt of invoice.
- The use of tobacco in any form is prohibited in school district facilities or grounds.
- Possession or consumption of intoxicating beverages or illegal drugs in any form in or on school premises is prohibited.
- Disorderly conduct is prohibited and punishable by ejection from the buildings and grounds.
- Food and drink must not be transported from the area designated on the permit.
- Buildings must be vacated by the time indicated or additional charges may be assessed.
- All legal ordinances pertaining to public assemblies must be adhered to and will be enforced.
- Rooms and areas used must be left in an orderly condition.
- The applicant is requested by the school district to provide a certificate of liability and property damage insurance for $500,000 per occurrence/$1,500,000 aggregate.
- The Director of Community Education is authorized to act in any case not covered by the rules and regulations or to make exception to the rules and regulations as deemed necessary.
- The Director of Community Education may cancel a permit effective immediately if, in his or her judgment, continuation would be potentially harmful and/or dangerous or that the program and/or participants' actions are not of a moral standard equivalent to that generally accepted in the community.
- Latex products are not allowed in any of our buildings, this includes all types of latex balloons.
- The concession stand is not available for groups to use. Groups may sell products outside the concession stand from a room or from tables set up in the cafeteria or hallways. If a facility-use group plans on selling non-prepackaged items, the group will need to secure a food license from the MN Health Department. Please download the information below you will need including the contact person to assist you with your food license.