- District Info
- Buffalo High School
- Arts Magnet Program
- Phoenix Learning Center
- PRIDE Transitions
- Buffalo Community Middle School
- Discovery Elementary - Multiage School
- Hanover Elementary
- Montrose Elementary
- Northwinds Elementary
- Parkside Elementary
- Tatanka Elementary STEM School
- Community Education
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Welcome to Parkside Elementary
Announcements & Important Information:
MCA and Performance Series Testing Information: April and May brings spring testing season! It's important that your child attends school and is well-rested so they can do their best. In April students in Grades 3-5 will have MCA Reading & MCA Math testing. In May, students in Grade 5 also have MCA Science testing, and students in Grades 2-5 have Performance Series Reading & Math testing. Check here for our Parkside Testing Schedule (updated 4/14/16) and please plan any appointments around your child's test sessions. MCA informational letter below:
Art & Academic Night: Parkside's Art & Academic Ice Cream Social is on Thursday, April 28th from 5:00-7:00PM. It's free admission so bring your family to view the accomplishments of all PES students, enjoy an ice cream treat then shop our BOGO Scholastic Book Fair. Book Fair will open 30 minutes early and will also be open from 8:50-3:30 on April 28, 29 & May 2.
MENU CHANGE: May 6th
- Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Cowboy Beans
- Carrot Sticks
- Country style cobbler
Alternate: BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Upcoming Parkside Field Trips: Bag lunches can be reserved from our cafeteria for your child by calling 763.682.8511. The cost of a bag lunch is the same as the usual lunch prices: $2.55 for students, $3.55 for adults, or free/reduced prices. Students can have their order charged to their meal accounts. A bag lunch includes: a Sun Butter & Jelly sandwich, 1/2 cup of fresh carrots, an apple, chips, a cookie and a carton of milk.
(*Parents accompanying their child or chaperoning a field trip must have completed a criminal background check with the BHM district.)
- Grade 2 to the Mill City Museum on Tuesday, May 10th.
- The YAYA Field Trip is Friday, May 20th.
- Grade 3 to the MN Zoo on Tuesday, May 31st.
- Grade 1 to Three Rivers Park on Monday, June 6th.
PhyEd Field Days:
- Grade 5, Friday, June 3rd: 5th graders will be at the BCMS track all day
- Grades K-4, Tuesday, June 7th at Parkside
Student Registrations: Please call the Parkside office if you are new to the area and need to register your child(ren) for school, or if you have a child eligible for kindergarten and you missed our kindergarten registration night at 763.682.8500
- Check our School Boundary Information if you are unsure which elementary school your address falls within.
- Basic registration forms are available to print and bring with you, or you may pick them up in the school office.
- Incoming kindergarten students also need to have completed an early childhood screening, and you will need to bring in copies of your child's birth certificate and immunizations in order to start kindergarten in September 2016.
2016-17 school year information:
- BHM School District 2016-2017 Calendar-at-a-Glance
- New start times: Elementary-7:45 a.m.-2:25 p.m.
Middle School-8:50 a.m.-3:25 p.m.
High School-8:50 a.m.-3:25 p.m.