Welcome to Parkside Elementary
Announcements & Important Information:
MENU CHANGE - April 29th (click on the link for info)
Box Tops Collection Contest is running now through May 1st! Click on the link for all the details.
Parkside's Student Placement Forms for the 2015-16 school year are included as the last page in our April parent newsletter, or you may print one by clicking on the link or request a copy of the form from the school office. All forms must be turned in to the school office in a sealed envelope by Friday, April 24th.
The MCA Testing window is April 13 - May 8 for Grades 3-5. Please make sure your child is well rested and has a good breakfast so they can do their best (students can use their lunch accounts for breakfast at school also). Contact your child's teacher if you are wondering which days your child's classroom is testing, and please schedule routine appointments outside of their testing time. Thanks for your assistance with this. Additional testing coming up in May:
- Performance Series Testing for Grades 2-5 (May 4-May 29)
- MCA Science testing for 5th Graders (May 4 - May 15)
Parkside Talent Show! Audition forms for interested students in Grades 3-5 are DUE to Ms. Beaumont by Monday, April 20th. Auditions will be held after school on April 27, 28 & 29. (Students will be assigned a time for their audition.)
- After school rehearsal on Thursday, May 21st and the public performance for family and friends will be that evening at 7:00 p.m. in the Discovery Center Auditorium.
- Performance during the school day for students is on Friday, May 22nd.
Upcoming Field Trips:
- Quest - Friday, April 24 to the Science Museum.
- Young Authors Young Artists Field Trip - Friday, May 15.
- Gr. 3 - Tuesday, May 26 to the MN Zoo.
- Gr. 1 - Wednesday, May 27 to Baker Park Near-Wilderness.
- Kindergarten - Wednesday, June 3 to Gale Woods Farm.
Grandparents Day program for 1st Graders is on Friday, April 17, 2015. The program is held in the Discovery Elementary auditorium (across the street from Parkside) at 1:45 p.m. Please remember not to park on the street directly in front of Parkside during the program, as this is our bus zone at the end of the school day. Thanks for your assistance.
Grade 5 Wax Museum - May 20th from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Parkside Kindergarten Registration: Please contact the office at 763.68.8500 if you have a child entering kindergarten for the 2015-16 school year and you did not attend registration night. If you are new to the Buffalo area and are unsure which elementary school your child should attend, please check your household address on our School Boundary Information page.