Aquatic opportunities for everyone at the Buffalo Community Middle School pool!
Open Swim/Lap Swim
Open Swim Hours:
- Every Sunday, 2-4 p.m. until May 19, 2013.
- Pool closed May 26, 2013
- Summer Open Swim hours begin June 17, 2013, Monday-Thursday, 2:30-4 p.m.
- $3/person or $6/family
- A lane is designated for lap swimming during Open Swim and the Adult Exercise on Mondays, 8-9 p.m.
- During Open Swim hours and Mondays, 8-9 p.m., except when pool is closed.
- $3 per person/visit. Pay at pool.
Spring Open Gym at Buffalo Community Middle School
- Sunday April 7-May 19th (2-4 p.m).
- Cost $3 per person or $6 for a family
About Our Pool
- The pool is located in the Buffalo Community Middle School. Enter door #3 (closest to Wal-Mart).
- Pool participants are responsible for their own valuables. We recommend swimmers bring a lock. These locks must be removed after each swim visit.
- Appropriate swimwear is required.
- Pool depth ranges from 3 feet 6 inches to 12 feet.
- An adult must accompany children if the child is under 48 inches in height.
- The use of approved life jackets/vests and other floatations are allowed when accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Non-swimmers wishing to watch can sit in the bleacher area.
- To use the deep end of the pool, swimmers must be able to swim the width of the pool using the American Red Cross Level 2 front crawl. Swimming ability will be at the lifeguard's discretion.
- Children are not allowed to jump off the diving boards into the arms of adult in the water.
- Open swim passes may be purchased at the Community Education office or the pool. Ten passes for $25.
The Buffalo Community Middle School is available for private use any time the pool is not scheduled. Pool rental may include birthday parties, lock-ins, gym/swim activities or aquatic conditioning for sports teams. Rental rates are $60 per hour for In-District Groups or $70 per hour for Out of District Groups. Fee includes two lifeguards. For more information contact Sheila Johnson, Aquatics Coordinator, at 763.682.8752.