- District Info
- Community Education
- Community Education Home
- Online Registration
- Facility Scheduling
- Adult Programs
- Youth Programs
- Drivers Education Info & Registration Form
- KidKare/School Age Care
- Little KidKare
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
- Contact Us
- Request a Catalog
- News & Events
- Contact Us
American Red Cross Swim Lessons
Register Now for swimming lessons. Parent/Child, Preschool Aquatics and Red Cross Level 1 to Level 6.
American Red Cross Lifeguarding (R13)
This course trains lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water. Two-year certification that includes Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED. For more information contact Sheila Johnson, Aquatics Coordinator, 763.682.8751.
Water Workout consists of aquatic exercise that will emphasize gentle, stationary stretching and toning exercise. Participants choose the pace of their workout. Class typically held Monday evenings, 8:15-9 pm, ongoing.
Adult Swimming - Learning the Basics
It's never too late to teach an older fish a new stroke! Class is designed to teach adults the basic fundamentals of propelling themselves through the water. This three-session class is typically held on Monday evenings, 8:15-9 pm.
Open Swim/Open Gym Hours (Winter 2017):
- Sundays, December 11 - February 26, 2017
- 2-4 pm
- Closed Nov. 27 & Dec. 4 for maintenance and Dec. 25, Jan. 1
- Buffalo Community Middle School
- Enter door #3, lower west side
- A lap lane is designated
- Fee for open swim and/or open gym is $3/person or $10/family
Holiday Open Swim & Open Gym
- December 27, 28, 29 (2016)
- 2 - 4 pm
- Buffalo Community Middle School Pool/Gym
- $3/person or $10/family
- Sundays, 2-4 pm, during open swim
- Mondays, 8:15-9 pm, during Water Workout class
- Cost is $3 per visit. Pay at the pool.
About Our Pool
- The pool is located in the Buffalo Community Middle School. Enter door #3, lower west side.
- Pool participants are responsible for their own valuables. We recommend swimmers bring a lock. These locks must be removed after each swim visit.
- Appropriate swimwear is required.
- Pool depth ranges from 3 feet 6 inches to 12 feet.
- An adult must accompany children if the child is under 48 inches in height.
- The use of approved life jackets/vests and other floatations are allowed when accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Non-swimmers wishing to watch can sit in the bleacher area.
- To use the deep end of the pool, swimmers must be able to swim the width of the pool using the American Red Cross Level 2 front crawl. Swimming ability will be at the lifeguard's discretion.
- Children are not allowed to jump off the diving boards into the arms of adult in the water.
- Open swim passes may be purchased at the Community Education office or the pool. Ten individual passes for $25 or 10 family passes for $90.
- Latex products are not allowed in any of our buildings, this includes all types of latex balloons.
The Buffalo Community Middle School is available for private use any time the pool is not scheduled. Pool rental may include birthday parties, lock-ins, gym/swim activities or aquatic conditioning for sports teams. Rental rates are $60 per hour for In-District Groups or $70 per hour for Out of District Groups. Fee includes two lifeguards. Check the Community Education catalog (aquatic section) for a $5 clip & save coupon! For more information contact Sheila Johnson, Aquatics Coordinator, at 763.682.8752.