To prepare a community of learners today, for tomorrow.
The mission of Montrose Elementary School is to prepare students to be caring, respectful, responsible citizens and self-directed learners, by engaging them in a learning process that meets their unique needs in a safe and challenging environment.
We believe that...
- Students are our primary focus.
- We need to involve/include our community in the education of our students.
- Education must take place in a friendly, inviting, safe and supportive environment.
- All members of the community of learners must have training and access to technology.
- Curriculum and instruction must meet the needs of all learners (students and staff).
- We must provide a strong foundation in reading, writing, and mathematics..
- Families are our most important partners.
- Partnerships between the community and the classroom make learning more relevant.
- Everyone involved with our school is important to the education of our students.
- There needs to be strong, supportive, visionary leadership.
- Administrative services should provide support, encouragement, guidance and direction to students and staff.
- Facilities should be available and adaptable for a wide range of responsible uses in accordance with district policy.
Our Inclusive Environment
Montrose Elementary School provides an inclusive environment, offering comprehensive programs in Special Education and other programs designed to meet a broad spectrum of diverse learners.
There is a 6-acre environmental learning center behind the school that enhances the teaching of environmental studies and science.