- District Info
- Buildings and Grounds
- Finance and Operations
- Food Service
- Health Services
- Human Resources
- Special Education Services
- Superintendent's Office
- Teaching & Learning
- Staff/Contact Us
- Testing and Assessment
- Professional Development
- High Potential Services
- Teacher Licensure
- Community Teaching & Learning Council
- BHM School District’s Local Literacy Plan
- Home School
- BHM School Start Times Task Force
- Achievement/Integration Progress Report 2015-17
- World's Best Workforce 2016-2019
- Technology & Information Services
- Community Education
- News & Events
- Contact Us
FREE All-Day Every Day Kindergarten
Buffalo-Hanover-Monstrose Schools (BHM) has FREE all-day, every day kindergarten.
The FREE All-Day, Every Day Kindergarten Program Includes:
- FREE breakfast for all kindergarten students
- Instruction in core areas of literacy, math, science, social studies, health, and visual arts
- Instruction in specialist areas: physical education and music
- Opportunities for additional enrichment and classroom activities
- Lunch and recess time, which provides opportunities for social interaction (Students may either bring a lunch from home or purchase meals through the district's food service program. Information is available to determine if your child qualifies for free or reduced meal prices.)
- Access to KidKare (before and after school care)
Kindergarten registration information will be mailed to families beginning in January (also see "More K-Info-General Kindergarten Registration Information" below).
Q and A
Frequently Asked Questions about All-Day, Every Day Kindergarten
Q: How long is the school day?
A: The school day is the same as it is for grades 1-5 – 7:45 a.m..-2:25 p.m.
Q: Is there tuition for this program?
A: ADEDK is FREE! The state passed legislation last school year providing funding to schools in Minnesoata for ADEDK beginning with the 20-14-15 school year.
More Kindergarten Information
General Kindergarten Registration Information
Early Childhood Screening is a requirement for entry into all Minnesota public schools. The district provides this free service to all district residents. To make an appointment, please call 763-682-8408.
Students must be five years old on or before September 1. A birth certificate must be shown either at early childhood screening or kindergarten registration. All students must have the following immunizations before starting kindergarten:
- DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis): 5 doses
- Polio: 4 doses
- Hepatitis B (HBV): 3 doses
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): 2 doses
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): 2 doses
For more information about immunizations, please contact your child's doctor or district nurse Sue Thomson at 763-682-8514.
When the legislature made the decision to fund all-day kindergarten beginning with the 2014-15 school year, they also decided to pay for breakfast for all kindergarten students. Each kindergarten student in BHM Schools will be offered a FREE breakfast at the start of each day.
More Information about the BHM Kindergarten Registration
Get more information by contacting the elementary school your child will attend: